It’s time for another weekly post from your weekly poster, Shophie “weekly poster” S (essssss, like a snake). In today’s weekly post I will be weekly posting about weekly posts, and then some. WEEKLEE POST.
But seriously, I do have something to post about this week rather than luring you into this horrible cycle of inadequacy. I’ve been nominated as a very inspiring blogger. Blimey.
There it be.
Another Sophie has nominated me for this, thanks Sophie!
So this is what I have to do to be worthy of such an award and boast about it here:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate at least 5 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Hard work for a sunday in the life of me, even if I didn’t head out on the town last night, but gosh darn it I’m gonna give it a go!
7 things about myself are as follows
1. Today I wore braces for the first time. The kind you wear to hold up your shorts/trousers/skirt, not the teeth kind. But nobody really got to see them, so it was my own little secret.
2. I’m saving up to move to Brizzle ASAP. Me and some friends visited yesterday and it was magical.
3. I have two cats, Ruby and Lou Lou May, who were both named by my mother. Ruby is a total unashamed flirt and Lou is afraid of everything.
4. I’m currently fighting the urge to get a fringe thus making me fall further into the Zooey Deschanel-esque stereotype.
5. I’m constantly worried that I’m not doing enough. I feel like Jeffrey Lewis knows this feeling well.
6. I’m very intimidated by new people, and even some people that I’ve known for years. I was called intimidating when I was younger, but somewhere along the line the tables turned on me and now I’m stuck with it.
7. When I was 7 I wrote letters to Mel from Mel and Sue whilst she was presenting Light Lunch on channel 4. I sat in the audience with my mum and my hamster Snowy (it was a Vets in Practice special) and she came to speak with us. I gave her some cat face cookies and decided to write to her about being 7 I guess. In the end Dermot O’leary had to write her replies because she got too busy. He was just a floor manager then! If you haven’t been watching the Great Brisitsh Bake Off, which she now presents, then you’re seriously missing out.
Now to choose 5 worthy blogs! Hokay!
1. My wonderful friend Laura has always inspired me to do things I wouldn’t have the motivation to do all by myself. We’re currently working on a zine about being stuck in a place we don’t like (our hometown). Her blog is always full of awesome stuff to read because she’s very witty and intelligent. She obsesses over things so she’s always well informed on her favourite subjects.
2. Jeff’s blog is pretty awesome if you want to have a random, silly and philosophical post to ponder every week. His stuff has made me think differently about what I write, and has also made me write more in my moleskine. I met him through We Make Zines and we’ve been sharing zines and stuff ever since.
3. Fredrik Edén is a Norwegian illustrator that I’m really enjoying at the moment. I like his style of drawing and his wicked sense of humour.
4. Lauren is a brilliant blogger if you’re into baking and other awesome past times. I’m annoyed I don’t spend more time reading her blog, but what I have read is interesting and inspires me to keep on doing the things I do.
5. I honestly don’t know how I came across G. E. Gallas’ blog but I’m glad I did. She’s currently promoting her new graphic novel about William Blake called the Poet and the Flea. She also made me aware of Awkward Shelby, which is one of the best internet comics I’ve ever come across- really silly and simple, just the way I like it. She’s been awarded by other bloggers for her blog twice this month already, and since these things usually come in 3′s why don’t I just round it off here eh?
This concludes my silly sunday weekly post. G’bye!